Seychelles is a secure investment location with established laws and a business friendly country. Through fiscal discipline and sound management, Seychelles has transformed itself to a middle-income country. Economic policy is guided by the government’s efforts to diversify the economy away from dependence on the tourism sector and towards financial services and technology. This is supported by the introduction of a regulatory “Sandbox” by the Financial Services Authority (“FSA”) and a “National FinTech Strategy” by the Central Bank of Seychelles. The government of Seychelles and associated NGOs are committed to working towards social, ecological, economic and technological sustainability.
Other factors that have contributed to the choice of the Seychelles as country of domicile:-
- Located in the heart of the Indian Ocean with excellent air connectivity to major hubs in the Middle East, Europe, Africa and Asia.
- Politically and economically stable environment.
- Favourable time zone of GMT+4 aligned with the Middle East in between Europe and Asia.
- Fiscal incentives for investments in a range of sectors.
- 96% literacy rate with increasingly educated and skilled workforce.
- 2nd highest GDP per capita in Africa.
- Offers a world class financial centre with no foreign exchange restrictions.
- 2nd for the Ibrahim Index of African Governance, an initiative of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
- 2nd in Africa on the Corruption Perception Index (Transparency International).
- 1st in Africa for Human Development Index.